Monday, September 8, 2008

Scenes of my Art lessons

Let’s take a look at some scenes of my Art lessons…

Lessons on textures and patterns

In this lesson, pupils learn the element of textures by doing rubbings of things and objects found around the school. My pupils do not only experience art in the classroom but also out of the classroom and they also get to explore their school surroundings. My pupils had an enjoyable time making rubbings of different textures using contrasting colours and using rubbings to create a pattern showing contrasting colours. They also observe and draw different textures that they found around the school.

After that, the pupils cut their rubbings into shapes and mount them on construction papers

I tried to create awareness in the pupils that art is all around us. Then I follow-up this lesson by teaching the pupils about shapes and patterns.

Pupils also learnt to do leaf and vegetable printing.

…and here are samples of their end-product.


3 comments:

Hemant Saluja said...

I like your work for appreciate little ones of paintings and extra curriculum activities.

===================================
Ashwani
nitishrocks

Anonymous said...

it is fun to do art !!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.